Re: cygwin's emacs

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:46:47PM -0500, George Hester wrote:
>I go into emacs easy enough.  I start cygwin and type emacs and there I
>am in emacs.  The directions say to exit type C-x C-c where C is the
>control key.  I am assuming that is the left control key.  So I hold
>down the left control key and type x.  I get a C-x in the lower bottom
>of the window.  I then try C-c which is holding down the left control
>key and hitting the c key.  Nothing.  Justy a ding.  In fact I casnnot
>exit from emacs at all.  Does anyone have a way of exiting from emacs
>which works?  Thanks.

Either set the environment variable CYGWIN=tty prior to running any
cygwin program or run emacs under rxvt.  CTRL-C is not remappable in
the normal cygwin console due to windows constraints.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org