Re: select() hangs sometimes, for TCP connections

Sorry, I was wrong. Tcl-DP was not the primary
cause.
The story goes on at:
"Backend doesn't catch the next command, after
SIGUSR2"

This time with a simpler context:
only pgtclsh and Postgresql.

--- Patrick Samson wrote:
> I finally found the culprit.
> It seems to be a Tcl extension which was badly
> built.
>
> --- Patrick Samson wrote:
> > Problem: sometimes select() doesn't return.
> >
> > Context: I run a DB replication scenario,
> > with cron, everything 5 mn. There is no change in
> > the
> > DB, so the scenario is always the same. Most of
> the
> > time, it works. But eventually, after some time
> (may
> > be some minutes or hours), a process A keeps
> waiting
> > forever in select() for a response on a TCP
> socket.
> > With gdb I can see that the other end B returned
> in
> > its
> > ReadCommand() function, meaning it has send its
> > response and waits for a new command, so this side
> > should be OK.

Correction: this side didn't catch the command, so
will never answer to it.