RE: cron will not execute commands

1. Here is a more recent version of the diagnostic
   script.  It has fixed several bugs.  Please
   run it.

2. It's not clear from your message whether you
   are having problems getting cron to run, or
   whether you are having problems only with
   the specific commands that you want run.

   Please try a simple crontab entry such as the
   following to establish that cron is running:

   * * * * * /usr/bin/date >> /tmp/date.txt

3. Verify that the environment that cron sees is
   adequate for what your program needs:

   * * * * * /usr/bin/env > /tmp/env.txt