Re: Problems running Jabberd v1.4.3 under Cygwin v1.5.7 (or latest snapshot), and heap allocation error caused by fork()

At 07:03 PM 3/11/2004, you wrote:
>At this point, I do not know if I am chasing my tail or not.  When an application suffers this Win32 error 487 message, is it usually an indication of some glitch in cygwin1.dll, or is it as the message seems to indicate, either some sort of issue of not enough stack/heap space, or worse, some kind of access violation where the program is attempting to access memory it should not?

Here's what Windows says about error # 487:

# net helpmsg 487

Attempt to access invalid address.

So it would appear that your last guess is the proper one.  Can you
reproduce it outside of Jabberd?

Holliston, MA 01746