Re: Also 20040306 snapshot crashes in Win95

On 11 Mar 2004 14:37:33 Christopher Faylor wrote:

>I no longer have a Win95 or Win98 system to check this type of thing
>with so, the lowest common denominator of problem that *I* will be
>able to investigate is WinME.

>Sorry, but if you want this solved you'll probably have to solve it
>yourself.

Have we to assume that Win9X will not be any longer supported?.
It would be  a pity, there are a lot of old machines around that can have a
new life with cygwin. It is terrible to stop at version 1.5.5-1 because new
software is not compatible with it because of the fnctl64 problem.

I can try, using gdb, to determine where exactly  the problem happens, but
I don't have enough knowledge of cygwin1.dll nor of Win95 programming
in order to solve the problem. Maybe with some help I can contribute in
solving it.

I hope that something can be done.

Rodrigo Medina