RE: nfs-server re-exporting mapped network drives

  It's most likely that the programs are actually starting OK but erroring
out almost at once.  You haven't tried the obvious experiments yet: what
happens when you install them *with* -r under LocalSystem?  What happens
when you install them *without* -r under your usual login account?  You've
changed two things at one time: the command line flags, and the account
under which it runs.  You'll have to revert one of them to find out which of
them caused the problem.

  Having said that, it's likely to be a Win ACL/privs problem.  If you edit
your local security policy to enable auditing of failures for all events,
you may well get some useful information in your event viewer (security log)
next time you try and start the server.  It will certainly show up if the
daemons are trying something that requires privileges enabled that they
don't have.

    cheers,
      DaveK