Event ID:       0
Date:           3/12/2004
Time:           2:07:26 PM
User:           SEA\SMITED
Computer:       04J005
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( nfsd ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following information is part of the event: nfsd : PID 2320 : starting
service `m' failed: redirect_fd: open (1, /var/log/nfsd.log): 13,
Permission denied.

Hmm, this one should be pretty obvious -- a "chmod a+w /var/log/nfsd.log"
should fix this right up.
    Igor

You are right! That fixed it. There was already a "w" for the user "SYSTEM" but not on group and other. Guess that's what it needs. This fact should definitely be added to the readme or changed in the default install. I changed it on all three nfs related log files for good measure.

I also noticed that nfs-server-config script did not work quite right the second time you ran it. It would not reload the daemons but complain they were already installed. I fixed that my rearranging the order of things. Also, it always complained that your mounts were not global even when they are. I also fixed that. Should I send a patch to someone or just send my fixed file to this list?

Thanks for the help.

-gene