RE: __getreent() no reference error - linking under .NET

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Hall [mailto:cygwin-lh@cygwin.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 5:23 PM
To: Barak Raveh; cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: __getreent() no reference error - linking under .NET

At 05:09 AM 3/11/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I built a GNU library (GMP) on CygWin, but when I try to use it from
MSVC.NET
>(linking libgcc.a + my own lib) I get an error that "there is no
reference to
>__getreent()".
>
>Does anybody have a clue how to solve it? maybe there is another lib
except for
>libgcc.a I need to use?

This is not a link error.  It's a run-time error.  Your cygwin1.dll is
not
current or you have more than one on your system.  Find the duplicates
and
get rid of them.  Then run setup.exe and make sure that the latest
version
of the Cygwin package is installed.  At this point in time, you may want
consider a snapshot instead of the latest Cygwin package as offered by
setup.exe.  See <http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>.  If you're building
things
with Cygwin, take the cygwin-inst tar.bz2.

Holliston, MA 01746