Re: Some help with [re-]installation please

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 02:59:59PM -0600, Brian Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Chris Green wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:10:18AM -0600, Brian Ford wrote:
> >
> > > Since none of this is really specific to Cygwin/X, I've redirected
> > > this thread to the main cygwin list.
> > >
> You really should configure your mailer to honor the Reply-To header.  I
> set it to the main Cygwin list so this off topic discussion wouldn't
> continue on the Cygwin/X list.

I use mutt and was using the L[ist] reply option, since the only list
I'm subscribed to is the Cygwin/X list mutt did what it was told.
This reply seems to have gone to the main cygwin list.

> > > Did you try it?  Clicking on Keep transitions it to Uninstall, Reinstall,
> > > Source, etc.
> > >
> > No it doesn't, this still confuses me, there are Keep, Prev, Curr and
> > Exp and you can select each but I have no idea what they do.  Clicking
> > on Keep doesn't toggle it, it just selects it.
> >
> You are (or I was) confusing the radio buttons at the top for Keep, Prev,
> Curr, and Exp (maybe they should be Keep, Revert, Upgrade, and
> Experimental?  Does that help?) that apply to all packages, with the "New"
> column for each individual package (an override of sorts) that transitions
> through Keep, Reinstall, Source, Current version (Upgrade), Uninstall.

I still don't understand what they do!  :-)

Firstly what do they mean - does Keep mean keep the existing version
one has?  What does Revert/Previous mean - go to last version, if so
then what last version.  Upgrade presumably means get the latest
version and Experimental means get any Experimental version going.

However it still doesn't make much sense to me, do the buttons apply
to the whole list or what?

--
Chris Green (chris@areti.co.uk)