RE: Using gcc 3.3.3

At 02:32 AM 3/15/2004, you wrote:
>Thanks
>I tried building 3.3.3 using 3.3.1, which didn't work when doing 'make
>bootstrap'. But then I did a successful 'make bootstrap' of 3.3.2 using
>3.3.1. The bootstrapped 3.3.2 works fine, and claims to have been compiled
>by itself not 3.3.1. Even -mno-cygwin works fine on it. So I'm now happy, in
>that I've used my 'on-a-plate' compiler to compile myself a better one. But
>I'm greedy and curious, I want more. So now I've included in the path
>environment variable the path to this before the cygwin path, and I'm now
>trying to make bootstrap 3.3.3 using 3.3.2. Do you think it should work?

Maybe.  Try it.

>When I type 'man patch' it says 'no manual entry for patch', do I have to
>install this extra?

Yep.  You apparently don't have the 'patch' package.  Rerun setup and install
it.

>And what of this Chris geezer, does he have a known email address? Can he be
>contacted to be asked questions such as this?

I like to refer to Chris as "guru" rather than "geezer".  He reads this list
and has already responded to this thread so I think you can surmise from
this that he can and will answer some questions.  But I can tell you he
won't hand-hold you through the process and won't respond to person email
on this (that's why he sets his "reply-to" to the list, as do I).  So
questions should be directed to the list.  However, you might find you
get allot of helpful information from the gcc list email archives too.  If
you haven't ogled it yet, you may want to.

Larry