Re: windows authentication for cygwin sshd

At 01:37 PM 3/15/2004, you wrote:
>hi,
>
>I have not been able to find any information online or in the cygwin documentation on how to get cygwin's sshd to do authentication using a windows domain controller. Does anybody know if a) this is possible,

Sure is.

>and b) some good step-by-step resources for how to configure this?

There's really nothing special you need to do.

>I've installed cygwin and sshd, but am only able to ssh in with the local account that installed cygwin and openssh.

Sounds to me like your /etc/passwd file doesn't contain your domain account
name or, if it does, it's the same name as a local user and comes later in
the file.  Cygwin will only recognize one entry per user name in
/etc/passwd.  If you want to keep two, you'll need to shuffle the one you
want to use to be before the one you don't want to use.  It's probably
easier to rename the domain account to another name in /etc/passwd though,
assuming that's your problem.

Holliston, MA 01746