Re: cvs problem under cygwin, cvs documentation

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 12:33:52PM +1100, luke.kendall wrote:
> >Re-sending this since the Cygwin list says any cross-post means you're
> >a spammer. :-(
>
> You are confused.  There is nothing which says that you may not cc another list
> when sending email to the cygwin list.  Of course that is acceptable.

My apologies.  But I'm still confused in that case, since this is the
response I got from the cygwin list:

On 16 Mar, MAILER-DAEMON wrote:
>  Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sources.redhat.com.
>  I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>  This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
>
>  <cygwincygwin.com>:
>  Your message was sent to both the mailing list and a project
>  cvs list.
>
>  If you are not a "spammer", we apologize for the inconvenience.
>  You can add yourself to the cygwin.com "global allow list"
>  by sending email *from*the*blocked*email*address* to:
>
>      global-allow-subscribe-luke=research.canon.com.au
>
>  For certain types of blocks, this will enable you to send email without
>  being subjected to further spam blocking.  This will not allow you to
>  post to a list if you have been explicitly blocked, if you are posting
>  an off-topic message, if you are sending an attachment that looks like a
>  virus, etc.
>
>  Contact cygwin-owner if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)
>
>  --- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

Could you explain?  I would have replied off-list, except I see you
have "From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please>"

I read this comment:

>  If you are not a "spammer", we apologize for the inconvenience.
>  You can add yourself to the cygwin.com "global allow list"
>  by sending email *from*the*blocked*email*address* to:

as meaning it (now) thought I was not subscribed, that I now had a
blocked email address, and that if I wanted to be allowed to post again
I should mail to the given address.

Do you mean that none of those things are true?  Perhaps the message
could be clarified?

Regards,

luke