Re: cp.exe bug

Mark Blackburn wrote:

Ross Boulet wrote:

[...]

Above is the makefile which produced the error. The cause seems to be cp's
handling of a .exe file. A simple way to get what I now see as a misleading
error message from cp is:

$ touch foo.exe
$ cp foo bar # note the absence of the .exe extension
cp: `foo' and `bar' are the same file

This problem still exists in the coreutils-5.2.0-1 package that I have recently posted on cygwin-apps.

Correction: cp in coreutils returns the following message in the above case:
cp: cannot open `foo' for reading: No such file or directory

[...]

Mark Blackburn