Re: ipcs shows no output

On Mar 16 11:10, Hemant Borole wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed latest release of Cygwin on my Windows XP machine.
> I wrote a program to create a semaphore. When I run it on Unix and do
> ipcs I can see this entry in the ipcs
> The same program I port to cygwin, and I see 0 ipc's
>
> I have my ipc-daemon2 and cygserver both running, besides
> CYGWIN="server=1" is set

Urgh.  You *either* use ipc-daemon2 *or* cygserver, not both.  ipcs from
the cygwin base package only shows IPC elements maintained by cygserver.
Therefore it's very likely you linked your application against the cygipc
library.  Either you should use ipcs from the cygipc package, or you
rebuild your application and only link against cygwin (which is done
automatically anyway).  In the latter case you'll use cygserver and
the ipcs from the cygwin base package will show you your semaphore.

For reference, you should get rid of cygipc since it's going away at
one point, as soon as all Cygwin packages relying on it have been
rebuild to work with cygserver (postgresql, xemacs and a lot of XFree
packages).  So, probably in a year or so.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.