Re: Bug in GNU Emacs...

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, The Thodes wrote:

> When I open the attached file (main.cpp) using "emacs main.cpp" (this works
> without loading my ".emacs" too) on i686-pc-cygwin (Cygwin 1.5.5 on Windows
> XP Home 5.1.2600 SP1), go to the beginning of any line that is not already
> flush left, and press the TAB key, the line becomes flush left.  I am using
> GNU Emacs 21.2.1 installed thru Cygwin Setup and the output from cygcheck is
> as follows:
> [inline cygcheck output snipped]

For the future, please attach the output of cygcheck, rather than
including it inline (see <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> for details).

Also, this is not a bug in emacs -- this is expected behavior.  In line 5
of your file, you forgot to close the angle bracket for the include
statement, and thus emacs thinks that all of the rest of the program is
part of the include.

Next time, please try your program with other indenting software, e.g. GNU
indent, or astyle, or even vim, before reporting it as a bug.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu