Re: read(): varblk tape records...(& Fix for : read())

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 12:00:45PM +0000, Jason Winter wrote:
>><http://cygwin.com/ml/lists.html#rbl-sucks>
>
>Yep, there you go.

The unblocking information at that web page is also included in any
bounce message that you get if your email does not go through.

>>No.  The mailing list does not reject email that contains source code.
>
>That remark is relative to what's in the source code, and from my
>experience - it does - and - that's using source code from cygwin itself.
>No.  I don't want to argue the point.

If you don't want to argue the point then don't make the point.

Let me say it again -- no mailing list on sources.redhat.com rejects
source code.  There is a huge traffic in sending source code to mailing
lists at this site.  There is, however, a spam blocker in operation.  If
it rejects a message due to a false positive, it is trivially easy to
bypass that block.  That does not, of course, stop people from failing
to read the instructions on how to unblock themselves and/or being
mortally offended by the block.

>>>Some programs fail because they expect the BOT signal to disappear.
>>Cygwin programs?
>
>You should know better than to ask such a question! It would be more
>likey a Linux program (which it is - but converted to use fixed blocks,
>not variable blocks.)
>
>Thanks and regards,

Fascinating.  You tell someone who is trying to help resolve your
problem that they should "know better" and then send "thanks and
regards".
--
Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Project Leader