RE: New Cygwin installation

  Hi Frank!

> first thanks for your fast reply.
> I replaced the #include <ostrstram> with #include<sstream>
> but the type ostrstream type is still unknown.

  That's not surprsing.  It's not what either I or the compiler were telling
you to do: we only said you should change #include <strstream.h> to
<strstream> if there was one, didn't say anything about <ostrstream> at all.
#include <ostrstream> is correct - note that it doesn't end in ".h".

> So must I throw away all my old books about C++ or what can I
> do to compile my older programs like they are?

  No!  The first thing you should have tried was removing the incorrect
include directory search paths from your dev-cpp setup!  That was the main
point of my last email and I think it's the most likely source of the
problem.  You seem to be suggesting that you haven't tried it yet, but it's
really the first thing you should have tried.

  Your code is almost certainly correct and should continue to compile in
the ordinary fashion once you have sorted out the bad -I options you're
using Dev-Cpp to pass to g++.exe.  Get rid of them!

    cheers,
      DaveK