Re: GVIM

gene wrote:

Crescioli, Phil <Phil.Crescioli <at> gd-ais.com> writes:

Hello all,
Why is only VIM and not GVIM included with the Cygwin package?
I'd love to use GVIM straight from a Cygwin install.
Phil Crescioli
Phil.Crescioli <at> gd-ais.com

I think it is because gvim for unix requires X11 while vim does not. I use and installed the gvim for windows and run it from with rxvt terminals in
cygwin and it works fine. The only problem I had was that it would not orginally
accept unix style pathnames (forward slashes). I had to put in an add on
packaage to get the pathnames to work right. If you are interested I will look
up what that package was.
-gene

The package I was referring to is Luc Hermitte's http://hermitte.free.fr/cygwin/#Win32

It works great from rxvt with any "gvim any-unix-style-path".

-gene