Re: g77 (new), Windows XP Professional, CALL System(Command, Status), directory.

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Lars Steinke wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       call system('cmd.exe /c cls')
>
> works! Thank you Dave!
>
> Now I have a new problem with 'call system':
> I wolud like to start a batch-file named '1.bat'.
> 1.bat and my program are in the same directory (C:\test).
>
>       call system('1.bat')
>       pause
>       end
>
> Error-message:
>
> 1.bat: not found
>
> If i add the directory to the PATH:
>
> PATH=%PATH%;C:\test
>
> it works, but normally the current directory should be scanned, also if
> it is not in the PATH...?
>
> If I try to start my program from the cygwin-shell (current directory is
> the directory where the program is saved) i get the following
> error-message:
>
> bash: a.exe: command not found
>
> This is no 'call system'-problem, but mayby there is a correllation.
>
> Thank you very much, Lars.

Lars,

In Cygwin, like in most Unixes, and unlike Windows, "." (the current
directory) has to explicitly be in the PATH for programs to be found there
(see <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC36>).  As the FAQ says, you can
prepend "./" to the name of the program in the current directory.
Alternatively, you can add "." to the PATH, either in your environment, or
via a "putenv" call if FORTRAN supports it.
	Igor
P.S. FYI, system("cmd /c cls") won't work on Win9x.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu