'setup' fails and breaks pre-existing Cygwin installation.

On Win2K SP 4 up-to-date, I install most packages (including X and tex) and 'setup' hangs with the folllowing message:

Running . . .

No package

/etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh

The progress bar is almost finished at this point (above).

The install has broken my Cygwin shell completely. It pops up in a window and closes fine but shows no text. The first two times 'setup' hung, it crashed my machine.

I did try moving 'post-textmf.sh' to 'post-textmf.sh.done' but no luck.

Thank you in advance!

- CB
--
*Contact Info:*
Christopher M. Balz
Senior Software Engineer
/TreeLogic Software Engineering <http://treelogic-swe.com>/
160 Lincoln Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301-2437 U.S.A.
650.327.0367
cbalz@andrew.cmu.edu <mailto:cbalz@andrew.cmu.edu>
christophermbalz@stanfordalumni.org <mailto:christophermbalz@stanfordalumni.org>
chris@treelogic-swe.com <mailto:chris@treelogic-swe.com>
". . . / This Cabinet is formd of Gold / And Pearl & Crystal shining bright
And within it opens into a World / . . .
Another England there I saw / Another London with its Tower
Another Thames & other Hills / And another pleasant Surrey Bower
. . ."
- from /The Crystal Cabinet <http://www.bartleby.com/236/59.html>/, a poem by *William Blake <http://www.art4net.com/EXPObl.html>* (18th-century English poet) where Blake rues England's rule.