Re: Minimal test case for Make crash bug

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> You should probably investigate using the CYGWIN environment variable
> "error_start" field:
>
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html
>
> Also, please send the output of the stackdump file here.

I'm attaching make.exe.stackdump (another new feature of cygwin, cool).

Sadly, error_start didn't seem to be able to start gdb:

$ export CYGWIN=error_start:/usr/bin/gdb
$ make
*** starting debugger for pid 2156, tid 496
       4 [main] make 2488 try_to_debug: Failed to start debugger: Win32
error 3
*** continuing pid 2156 from debugger call (0)
Signal 11

but hopefully the stackdump file will give you what you need.
- Dan

$ net helpmsg 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

I believe that the path after "error_start:" should be a Win32 path.
This could be better documented on the above page.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
     |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu