Bash tries to connect to the internet

Hi, I just downloaded Cygwin yesterday, and Bash tries to connect to the
internet when I open it. ZoneAlarm stopped it though. I talked with the nice
people at Perlmonks, who say they have never had that happen. So I came
here. When I open Bash, I get a message from ZoneAlarm asking me if Bash can
connect to the internet at 199.166.219.2. Vim does the same thing, including
the IP address. I downloaded almost all of my packages from
www.get-software.com using the setup program before switching to the
University of Calgary mirror. Did I download hacked copies of the software?

Thanks

Joel