Setup a Socks5 on a remote pc to by pass work firewall

Hi all,

@ work they block the ICQ ports so I cannot connect Trillian to my ICQ.
Someone told me about running a CygWin Socks5 server at home and connect from
my pc at work thru SSH tunnel to my socks5 server running on my Cygwin box at
home.

Has anyone done this before? If so, what did you use and how did you set it up?
Someone mentioned Dante, but does this work on Cygwin?

I have a base knowledge in Linux, so go easy on me!

Regards,

NP