Re: sshd debugging

On Mar 23 07:16, David Corbin wrote:
> I have sshd up and running as a service.  I can ssh into the box if I type a
> password, but I do have a public-key/private-key installed that it doesn't
> seem to recognize.  (If you want to recommend a solution to this problem,
> please do - it's the real problem).

The keys are probably not readable by SYSTEM.  Use ssh-user-config as
the affected user.  The script sets the permissions correctly.

> When I have this problem on linux, I usually launch sshd in non-daemon mode
> with some debugging flags on a different port.  When I try to do this with
> cygwin, it says that it can't read the host key and quits.  (the host key is
> a 0600 and owned by SYSTEM).  How can I do this?

When I do this, I'm running under my own account and change owner
of the files beforehand:

 chown MyAccount /var/empty /etc/ssh*

But that will mostly not help when debugging permission problems with key
files.  And of course you must remember to revert ownership afterwards.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.