Scriptroute; Config error: nothing defines res_search

Hi,

I've been trying to install 'scriptroute' which is
sort of a scripting environment for network
measurements. It's intended for Linux, FreeBSD, and OS
X, and I'm trying to install it on cygwin. But I'm
getting the following configuration error:

checking for library containing res_search... no
configure: error: nothing defines res_search

I've searched the list and the internet for
'res_search' and could not come up with any library
names corresponding to names of those I haven't
installed in cygwin. I'm not sure how to find out
which library I'm missing.

I would appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

Camelia