Re: Definitely no sshd on FAT32?

On Mar 23 15:36, Ian Brandt wrote:
> Looks like it's already set to no in the installed config.  From man
> sshd_config it looks like StrictModes applies to checks of the home
> directory and files for the user logging in.  I had tried installing the
> service with '-t' option to sshd, but apparently it still does the perm
> checks on the host keys even in test mode.

The following checks are performed on the key file in the following order:

- Not Windows NT? Yes -> Don't check permissions.
- "ntea" switched on? Yes -> Check permissions.  (Not applicable on FAT32)
- statfs(key_file) fails? Yes -> Check permissions.
- Does the file system support ACLs?             (Shoud be only NTFS)
  Yes -> "ntsec" switched on ?
         Yes -> Check permissions
- Don't check permissions

Try to figure out what happens on your system.  However, if you're
running 2K or XP, I don't see a reason to keep FAT32.  You can convert
it to NTFS using the "convert" tool which is shipped with all NT versions.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.