[OT] FAT32 vs NTFS

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Try to figure out what happens on your system.  However, if you're
running 2K or XP, I don't see a reason to keep FAT32.  You can convert
it to NTFS using the "convert" tool which is shipped with all NT versions.

For some reason my laptop (HP Omnibook) came with preinstalled W2k, and there is really FAT32 enabled, not NTFS...

Only reason to use FAT32 is to preserve few bytes of memory or let disk data be accessible from some other system than NT/W2k/XP.

But for performance reasons it would really be reasonable to use ntfs...

--

Jani Tiainen