Re: Creating a custom package installer?

At 07:04 AM 3/25/2004, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I have a question. Im on a project which involves LipSync on
>Linux. Now, in the final phase, we're porting it to Windows. We're curious
>to know how to create binary packages like tar.bz2 files. I took the
>URL:http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII2.0/cygwin.htm
>and used
>http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII2.0/cygwinBasic.exe
>This file unzipped to a setup.exe file
>packages\setup.ini - which contains hints and is auto-gen
>packages\releases\{package}\{package}.tar.bz2 - package files
>
>Now for our project, if we need say, bash, less, and some more utils and
>my own package, how can we make setup see those files? Could you point me
>to some tutorial? http://cygwin.com/setup.html isnt clear in a step by
>step fashion.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>PS: If its been asked in the past,excuse my ignorance but please point me
>to the link.

Actually, things very much like this have been asked in the past so there's
a page that talks about creating setup servers.  You should be able to get
a feel for what you need from this and other docs on setup and it's format.
See:

<http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/package-server.html>

Holliston, MA 01746