Re: bash incorrectly determines HOME and HOMEDRIVE

Ken Thompson wrote:

I don't think this is really a bash issue.  I think HOMEDRIVE is actually
set by XP and bash is just importing it.  Cygwin has a default for NOME if

No. On my system, HOMEDRIVE was NOT set (neither for me personally, nor for all users.)

it is not set but it is unlikely to be what you desire.  Just set the
environment variable HOMEDRIVE to 'H:' and it will do exactly what you wish.
The correct procedure on Cygwin is to manually set the environment variables
to whatever you wish them to be

As I've already written in my original message, if I change it in XP, bash overwrites it. I can't imagine that this is correct behavior?!

Thanks,

Ralf