Re: Cygwin under Wine?

At 07:33 PM 3/25/2004, Tom Roche wrote:
> [...]

Larry Hall 03/25/2004 07:45:39 PM:

At 07:59 PM 3/25/2004, Tom Roche wrote:
>> For one thing, in these modern times, building usually also
>> involves some smoke-, unit- or function-test (i.e. "build
>> verification test").

Larry Hall 03/25/2004 08:19:15 PM:
> So are you saying that it's not a requirement that your build
> environment running under Wine be able to run smoke/unit/function
> tests but it would be for a cross-compiler environment would?

No, I'm saying that the ability to run BVT tools/processes IS a
requirement for the build environment: compilation is only (an
increasingly small) part of build. (I'm also only guessing at the
original source's requirements, which are not mine.)