bash bad interpreter - a new twist!

>I'm using cygwin (september 2003 build) and ActiveState perl.  To connect
>ActiveState into cygwin I use a proxy /usr/local/bin/perl bourne shell
>script that essentially transalates the paths (cygpath -w) and delegates to
>the ActiveState perl.exe binary.  Given the following foobar script:
>
>#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
>print "foobar world\n";

The "#!" construct must always refer to a binary,
never to another script (to avoid loops?).  I ran into the same issue.
The UNIX standard is what I just said, but earlier (and current?)
cygwin versions (wrongly) sorta supported a script.  In 1.3.20 it works
about 2 out of 5 times or so - if you try a similar approach on
a UNIX box it will fail *every* time.

Years back there was a cygwin tool called dbash.exe to support
what your trying to do.

Try "man execve" on a UNIX box for more on the "#!" construct.

You just need to rethink your workaround..

I'm sure others can correct some of what I just said, but I believe
is mostly right ;->

--
Tom Rodman
pls run for my address: