Re: bash incorrectly determines HOME and HOMEDRIVE

Larry Hall wrote:

[...]
HOMEDRIVE is set by Windows.

ACK. I was able to verify that.

I'd agree.  But moving profiles like you did is not likely to be without
repercussions.  I'm assuming that MS wouldn't recommend this.  Nevertheless,

Actually, it's not a problem at all. I used Windoze built-in functionality to copy the profile, then changed just a single registry entry. I can be sure that what I did was fine since I haven't yet a single Windoze program fail or put stuff into the wrong directory.

it's a Windows problem that you'll get better information about it on some
other list.  At this point, you've gone beyond the scope of this one.

I agree. Thanks for pointing me to the fact that this problem is Windows-related.