This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-13 is available
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:09:46 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-13 is available
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
GNU emacs 21.2-13 is available.
- recompile against latest XFree86 (the major reason for this release)
- setup.hint changes due to rearrangements of various required runtime libraries
- moved documentation from /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc
- moved info files from /usr/info to /usr/share/info
- moved man pages from /usr/man to /usr/share/man
New users please be aware:
- You will want "tty" included in your CYGWIN environment variable
setting, and probably "binmode". Look at the following for some
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Once you've downloaded setup.exe, run it and select "Base"
and then click on the appropriate field until the above announced
version number appears if it is not displayed already.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org . I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
I implore you to READ this information before sending email about how
you "tried everything" to unsubscribe. In 100% of the cases where
people were unable to unsubscribe, the problem was that they hadn't
actually read and comprehended the unsubscribe instructions.
If you need to unsubscribe from cygwin-announce or any other mailing
list, reading the instructions at the above URL is guaranteed to
provide you with the info that you need.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html