FAQ searching, was: Cygwin under Wine?

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:33:52 -0500, "Thomas L Roche" said:
>> (BTW: didn't there useta be a "one big FAQ" option, a lá the
>> "one big UG"?)

Joshua Daniel Franklin Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:53:56 -0800
> Yes, it's at <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq0.html>. I seem to have
> borked cygwin.com/faq.html with my last update and the links are
> gone. I'll fix that when I get the chance, hopefully this weekend.

Thanks in advance: it's a lot easier to search the "one big FAQ".

BTW, since we're on the topic: has anyone thought about providing a
"simple FAQish search" form? What I mean: when I wanna know something
about Cygwin, I gather search terms, then

0 pull up the one big FAQ, and search it (with browser find)

1 pull up the one big UG, and search it (with browser find)

2 archive-search cygwin, cygwin-xfree, etc via their forms

ISTMT It Would Be Nice, and not too difficult, to provide

* a "FAQish search form" (a textfield and submit button,
  just like the archive search forms)

* that would frontend a script that automated the 3 searches above,
  and returned a hit page

Granted, it would be work, but it would go a long way toward
{automating, easing, improving the likelihood that folks will
actually}

http://cygwin.com/lists.html
> check out the FAQ, the documentation, and the bug reporting
> guidelines before sending email to a mailing list.

or at least 2 outta 3 ...