Re: Definitely no sshd on FAT32?

Larry Hall wrote:

I specifically reinstalled my XP onto FAT32 because I dual boot Linux and the NTFS driver is not as good as the FAT32.

Why is that? And before you say that there's no support for NTFS under
Linux, see <http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/>.

Granted it has come a long way, but I last partitioned my disk around July last year, at which time "very buggy access" was not a very reassuring testimonial!
Another reason was I use a laptop with only 20G of disk and FIPS was also capable of re-sizing FAT32 partitions, if I ever needed to re-distribute the windows/linux share. I also see that this has moved along since and http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/ may provide a solution (But I have never used it!).

Next time I re-partition might give NTFS a go. FYI, performance wise I have not found FAT 32 a problem especially for a small disk.

Jason

NEWS for captive-0.9 (2003-09-23) --------------------

* Multifilesystem capability by new CaptiveVfsObject
* Finished and deployed CORBA sandbox separation
* Implemented filesystem unmount to successfuly remount ntfs volume
* Generates --bug-pathname resources file for sandbox crash bugreport
* Implemented TraceFS W32 Cache Manager debug tracer
* Rewritten Cache Manager to better match its W32 original behaviour
* LUFS (Linux Userland File System) module to be Linux kernel filesystem
* Written fstab & W32 modules installer as package 'install'

NEWS for captive-0.8 (2003-05-02) --------------------

* ntfs.sys working incl. readwrite mode (0.9 update: very buggy access)