Re: shortcut to start xemacs in bash cygwin window

Edwin Goei wrote:

I would like to be able to have a Windows shortcut that will do the equivalent of the following: 1) run cygwin.bat 2) execute "xemacs &" in the cygwin bash window 3) exit the cygwin bash window 4) leaving xemacs running.

I would like to start xemacs in this way so I can have my default bash enviroment initialized in xemacs. Any ideas on to do this?

I use the following.

% cat xemacs.bat
@start /min c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -c 'cygstart /usr/local/bin/xemacs'

Of course, you'll need to adjust the paths to match your environment. Once you make the batch file, you can make a shortcut to it in the usual way.

Dave