Re: zsh and line breaks

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, zzapper wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:16:00 +0100,  wrote:
>
> >I'm having some trouble with zsh (4.0.6) and line breaks. It seems that
> >it does not accept "\n" as a line break. This results in some
> >uncomfortableness when using it as a login shell, such as this output
> >from Emacs:
> >
> >[bkhl@ackusativ ~/kurser/vt04/lp1/lab1]% latex \\nonstopmode\\input rapport.tex
> >latex \\nonstopmode\\input rapport.tex\n
> >
> >Apparently, zsh is not interpreting \n as EOL.
> >
> >Is there some setting that might fix this?
>
> I run zsh on Cygwin, unlike bash zsh gets very upset if it sees dos
> returns. I have to run dos2unix on my zsh scripts.
>
> I haven't seen an explanation for this

Hmm... I'll have to look into this.  I thought I'd corrected this for
Cygwin...

One thing, are you running your scripts off of a text or binary mount
filesystem?  And, are you running in DOS or Unix mode?  I'll need to know
which combinations don't work.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>