This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: zsh and line breaks
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: "Peter A. Castro" <doctor at fruitbat dot org>
- Cc: zzapper <david at tvis dot co dot uk>, zsh-workers at sunsite dot dk, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:32:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: zsh and line breaks
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Peter A. Castro" wrote:
> > I run zsh on Cygwin, unlike bash zsh gets very upset if it sees dos
> > returns. I have to run dos2unix on my zsh scripts.
> > I haven't seen an explanation for this
> Hmm... I'll have to look into this. I thought I'd corrected this for
Are those corrections likely to be limited to the Cygwin package for
I don't use Cygwin myself but from a quick search, it looks like there
is an O_TEXT flag to open which we could use (a couple of places in
init.c would cover scripts I think). Wouldn't work where the script
comes from stdin, though. Does that perhaps help?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html