Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.2.0-1

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, David Rayner wrote:

> Peter,

Greetings David,

> There is a posting in Gmane which explains that it's a packaging error
> >Sounds like a packaging bug.

Well, I am the Cygwin maintainer for zsh, and there are two issues:

The original issue was with the executable /usr/bin/zsh being a link to
the real exe (eg: zsh-4.2.0).  However, this is not a packaging error,
IMHO.  /usr/bin/zsh is a *hardlink*, not a *symlink*, and Setup currently
just duplicates the contents of the linked file, rather than creating the
link, which is quite acceptable and doesn't cause any problems.  What
zzapper experienced, I think, is a result of either improper
de/installation or that he'd setup a symlink locally and setup didn't
remove it before plopping down the new image.  Either way, I don't
considder it a packaging error.

The second issue is with the postinstall script, below.  There *are*
errors, but minor ones, at that.  I've already corrected it and will be
uploading a new version RSN.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>