Re: please help!

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, fdr wrote:

> Hello !
> I'm french and i have a small problem.

Are those two related? :-)

> I have a script as edit by crontab -e.
> if i do the script from bash that works and the crontab do the script
> but this command in the sccript is not execute:
>  find /cygdrive/c/cygwin/temp -mmim 10 -print | xargs rm -f
> i don't understand, can you help me?
> (that works succefully on debian for example...)
> florent DERLON

A more descriptive subject would help...  Plus, I'd be very surprised if
"/cygdrive/c/cygwin/temp" worked in debian... :-)

Seriously, though, what is the error you get from "find"?  Is it "FIND:
Parameter format not correct"?  If so, have you seen

Check that the PATH is set in the same way for the cron service as it is
in your default bash session (i.e., that "/bin" is in the PATH and that it
precedes "/cygdrive/c/WINNT/...").  I'd check the whole environment, just
to be sure.

A couple of minor points: I suspect "C:\cygwin" is mounted on "/" on your
system, so why not use "find /temp" instead?  Also, if it's possible that
you'd have any files with spaces in them in that directory, you should
probably use "-print0" and "xargs -0".