Re: please help!

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, fdr wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I'm french and i have a small problem.

Are those two related? :-)

> I have a script as edit by crontab -e.
> if i do the script from bash that works and the crontab do the script
> but this command in the sccript is not execute:
>  find /cygdrive/c/cygwin/temp -mmim 10 -print | xargs rm -f
> i don't understand, can you help me?
> (that works succefully on debian for example...)
>
> florent DERLON

A more descriptive subject would help...  Plus, I'd be very surprised if
"/cygdrive/c/cygwin/temp" worked in debian... :-)

Seriously, though, what is the error you get from "find"?  Is it "FIND:
Parameter format not correct"?  If so, have you seen
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC42>?

Check that the PATH is set in the same way for the cron service as it is
in your default bash session (i.e., that "/bin" is in the PATH and that it
precedes "/cygdrive/c/WINNT/...").  I'd check the whole environment, just
to be sure.

A couple of minor points: I suspect "C:\cygwin" is mounted on "/" on your
system, so why not use "find /temp" instead?  Also, if it's possible that
you'd have any files with spaces in them in that directory, you should
probably use "-print0" and "xargs -0".
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/