RE: already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES

  Bad EOL type problem.  That's not a single quote: it's a singly-quoted
string which ends with an LF (but no CR) causing the closing quote and
remainder of the error message to be output on the same line overwriting
whatever it actaully was that was 'already registered with....'

    cheers,
      DaveK