RE: please help!

  Well, he/she (I don't like guessing at gender in foreign languages!) also
said it worked on Debian.  Given that there's no cygdrive in Debian, the
command has been retyped and modified at least once.  The question is if the
typo was introduced between running it on Debian and running it on Cygwin,
or between running it on Cygwin and writing a post to the list about it.
Which leads me to....

  DAVEK'S TIP OF THE DAY:

  Don't *ever* retype stuff when you're sending an email to the list.
*Always* cut and paste it, so that both you and the list members can be sure
that what it says in your email is exactly what it says on your computer!
Accuracy is everything - what use is it to get help from someone to solve a
different problem than the one you actually have?

    cheers,
      DaveK