This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Environment variables for DOS programs
- From: levent <sly5+gmane at pitt dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:03:12 -0400
- Subject: Environment variables for DOS programs
- Reply-to: sly5+gmane at pitt dot edu
From my Cygwin terminal, I want to call DOS programs which require
some environment variables to be set properly (such as the commandline
utility *link.exe* of Visual Studio) for current session.
Unfortunately, this was not possible by simply setting the variables in
the shell (I am using tcsh). Link.exe refuses to see the environment
variables defined in tcsh. Is this the desired behaviour? Is there
anyway to make the DOS programs see the environment variables in Cygwin
shells? Or am I making a fundamental mistake in expecting such a behaviour?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html