This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Richard Campbell" <richard dot campbell at air2web dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:24:43 -0400
- Subject: RE: cygrunsrv
- References: <C1A7FA5F2793A94BA223673B8ADAF4A1C98A33@exchange.air2web.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 09:18 AM 4/23/2004, you wrote:
>>When I try to install services using cygrunsrv, the XP service manager
>>always lists the path to the executable as cygrunsrv rather than the
>>executable I tried to install. What might I be doing wrong?
>Looking at my services, cron/inetd/sshd, all of which are working and
>all of which were basically default installs, I note that cron and sshd
>both show the path to the executable as cygrunsrv.
Right. There is nothing wrong with this. 'cygrunsrv' is the program that's
run to start the Cygwin service you want. The service is a parameter that's
stored with the registry. You can see the information you're looking for
with the following:
cat /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/<service name>/Parameters/AppPath
where <service name> is the name you gave to the service at install time.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html