Control G Beep on Telnet session using Cygwin

We are using Cygwin version 1.5.5(0.94/3/2) on Windows 2000.

I have a telnet session to my Shell - using bash.

I want to generate a system beep (not a WAV) in the telnet session.

We used to be able to do this previously in MKS using the control ^G
statement to generate a system
beep to the telnet session through named PIPES.

We have tried many ways through Cygwin but are unable to achieve the
same
result.  Is their an equivalent way to get this to work??? are we able
to get this function to
work under Cygwin???

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind Regards