mkpasswd -p option now adds username

Hi,

 I have just down loaded the latest cygwin (1.5.9-1).
 I have a script to add users to the password file, the first time they
bring up cygwin.
 It is using the -p option of the mkpasswd to add their home to the passwd
file. This
 did work fine but now the users id is added to the end of the path. Why did
this change?
 Our users home directory is not there user's name.

  thanks