This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: building Python numarray
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "james pentland" <james_pentland at yahoo dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:26:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: building Python numarray
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
james pentland wrote:
> gcc version 3.3.1 release breaks Python setup.
> setup expects a c compiler named gcc, which is no
> longer supplied.
> this causes numarray to fail to install.
> what is the proper fix?
> one way would be to make a copy of the c compiler
> named gcc, but will this break other things?
This problem is specific to your installation. You have somehow deleted gcc. Reinstall the package.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html