This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libiconv on WinXP Cygwin
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Jamil Alkadir" <jamil_alkadir at hotmail dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:24:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: libiconv on WinXP Cygwin
- References: <BAY14-F20DOEitYfB2R0001e936@hotmail.com>
Jamil Alkadir wrote:
> I am now trying to compile libiconv-1.9.1
Why not use the pre-existing libiconv-1.9.1 cygwin package, as installable from setup.exe?
> /usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/lib/../bin/cygiconv-2.dll': Permission
/usr/bin/install uses the libiconv DLL, hence when install is running, the DLL is in use and cannot be overwritten.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html