Exporting /cygdrive/<cd-rom> Probelm, was Re: How To Export NFS?

--- Igor Pechtchanski <> wrote:
> One more place to look:
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/nfs-server-2.2.47-2.README
> 	Igor

I compiled from source and did not have the above file
and was missing some other stuff.  Once I installed
the binaries I was able to export regular directories.
 However, I still can't mount my Windows CD-ROM drive
remotely.  I followed the information in the README
regarding /cygdrive and did the following:

$ mkdir -p /exports/d
$ mount -f -s -b d:/ /exports/d
$ echo "/exports/d (ro,all_squash)" >> /etc/exports

The line redirecting to /etc/exports looked funny, so
I replaced it with:

When I attempt to mount from a Linux machine I get:

[root@darkstar root]# mount -t nfs /mnt/windoze
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on, or too many mounted file

I can mount other directories, but not /exports/d
(which is my CD-ROM drive).

Arggg...  Suggestions?

Do you Yahoo!?