This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cron dying in Windows but not in Cygwin
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 00:06:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: cron dying in Windows but not in Cygwin
- References: <7D37D9FB-AF32-11D8-AD33-000A957A7EA8@apple.com>
* Robert Pollard (2004-05-26 18:33 +0100)
> I have a bit of a problem where when we launch cron from the command
> line after a few days it dies in Windows but is still visible in
Beg your pardon? Your sentence doesn't make sense to me.
> Currently, I run a script that launches /usr/sbin/cron. This
> script only launches cron if it isn't running.
> Does it have something to do with not launching from an rc file?
Excuse me? rc files are /configuration/ files...
> Or, does it matter?
> Any ideas?
> Need more info?
More info? At least some info. And you should definitely consider
reading the FAQ and the users' guide to gather some knowledge what
Windows and Cygwin are and how they relate.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html